Study of influence of bacterial lysate on cytokine indicators in experimental periodontis in rats
The aim of the research: to optimize the treatment of patients with a disturbed cytokine profile by a bacterial lysate in an experimental model of periodontitis against the background of changes in the local and systemic immune response.
Materials and methods: prospective study has been conducted on experimental periodontitis in 42 rats for 90 days. The animals were treated by solution of «Respibron» and the reference drug «Imudon». The concentration of cytokines in the blood serum was determined by the enzyme immunoassay, circulating immune complexes – precipitation method is measured on a spectrophotometer, C-reactive protein – using a latex diagnosticum. All interventions and euthanasia of animals were carried out in compliance with the European principles.
Results: the obtained data from the study indicate a high degree a state of decompensation of experimental periodontitis. An immuno-inflammatory reaction preceding periodontitis is accompanied by the disturbances of the cytokine balance, local and systemic immune response. Applying of bacterial lysates led to the compensation of bacterial dysbiosis, restoration of the balance of the activity of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines, and a decrease the hyperactivity of immunological markers.
Conclusion: the studies carried out have shown that the use of bacterial lysate is a pathogenetically substantiated component of therapeutic tactics. The normalizing effect of the lysate on the parameters of the immune response and cytokine profile has been reliably shown. Considering the immuno-inflammatory reaction at the experimental periodontitis, accompanied by the cytokine imbalance, study the pharmacological correction by bacterial lysate should continue from the point of view of establishing the mechanisms of development, protection, and restoration of tissues.
- It has been proved that by the end of the 90-day period of observation of the course of experimental periodontitis, the power of natural compensatory mechanisms acquired a state of decompensation. It has manifested by increased pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1β in 1.7 times, and TNF-α in 3 times, decreased anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 in 1.6 times; increased the concentration of CIC in the blood in 2 times, C-reactive protein in 4.4 times at the local level in the gum tissue homogenate of the control pathology group of animals.
- The powerful corrective effect of bacterial lysates «Respibron» and «Imudon» on the indicators of the cytokine series on the model of chronic experimental periodontitis has been reliably established. The normalizing effect is due to the compensation of bacterial dysbiosis, restoration of the balance of the activity of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines, and a decrease in the hyperactivity of immunological markers.
- The therapeutic effect of «Respibron» (bacterial lysate of 13 strains of microorganisms) can be assessed as expressive and more powerful in comparison with «Imudon».
The obtained results make it possible to continue the study of the course of experimental periodontitis from the point of view of establishing the mechanisms of development, protection, and restoration of tissues under conditions of pharmacological correction with bacterial lysate «Respibron».
Borisenko, A. V. (2013). Zabolevaniya parodonta. Kyiv: VSI «Meditsina», 455.
Miklyaev, S. V., Leonova, O. M., Suschenko, A. V. (2018). Analiz rasprostranennosti khronicheskikh vospalitelnykh zabolevaniy tkaney parodonta. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2. Available at: https://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=27454
Dimitrova, A. G., Kolenko, Yu. G. (2013). Otsenka effektivnosti razlichnykh immunomodulyatorov v kompleksnom lechenii generalizovannogo parodontita u lits molodogo vozrasta (18–25 let). Sovremennaya stomatologiya, 2, 38–39.
Schett, G., Dayer, J.-M., Manger, B. (2015). Interleukin-1 function and role in rheumatic disease. Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 12 (1), 14–24. doi: http://doi.org/10.1038/nrrheum.2016.166
Gabay, C., Lamacchia, C., Palmer, G. (2010). IL-1 pathways in inflammation and human diseases. Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 6 (4), 232–241. doi: http://doi.org/10.1038/nrrheum.2010.4
Ramich, T., Asendorf, A., Nickles, K., Oremek, G. M., Schubert, R., Nibali, L. (2018). Inflammatory serum markers up to 5 years after comprehensive periodontal therapy of aggressive and chronic periodontitis. Clinical Oral Investigations, 22 (9), 3079–3089. doi: http://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-018-2398-x
Corona, P. S., Lung, M., Rodriguez-Pardo, D., Pigrau, C., Soldado, F., Amat, C., Carrera, L. (2018). Acute periprosthetic joint infection due to Fusobacterium nucleatum in a non-immunocompromised patient. Failure using a Debridement, Antibiotics + Implant retention approach. Anaerobe, 49, 116–120. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.anaerobe.2017.12.010
Bose A, Shetty S, Ajila V. Molecular biology of host microbial interaction in periodontal disease. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. 2013;160.
Sidelnikova, L. F., Dimitrova, A. G., Kolenko, YU. G. (2013). Estimation of efficacy of usage of immunomodulator in complex treatment of generalized parodontitis. Stomatologiya: ot nauki do praktiki, 1, 86.
Lutskaya, I. K. (2017). Bolezni parodonta. Moscow: Meditsinskaya literatura, 256.
Butenko, H. M., Tereshina, O. P., Maksymov, Yu. M., Arkadiev, V. H et. al.; Stefanov, O. V. (Ed.) (2001). Vyvchennia imunotoksychnoi dii likarskykh zasobiv. Doklinichni doslidzhennia likarskykh zasobiv. Kyiv: Avitsena, 102–114.
Sennikov, S. V., Silkov, A. N. (2005). Methods for cytokine detection. TSitokiny i vospalenie, 4 (1), 22–27.
Kushkun, A. A. (2007). Rukovodstvo po laboratornym metodam diagnostiki. Moscow: «GEOTAR-Media», 800.
Borzikova, N. S. (2015). Markers of inflammation in the periodontal diseases. Medical Council, 2, 78–79.
Refulio, Z., Rocafuerte, M., de la Rosa, M., Mendoza, G., Chambrone, L. (2013). Association among stress, salivary cortisol levels, and chronic periodontitis. Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science, 43 (2), 96–100. doi: http://doi.org/10.5051/jpis.2013.43.2.96
Pedigo, R. A., Amsterdam, J. T. (2018). Oral medicine. Rosen’s emergency medicine: concepts and clinical practice. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 843–857. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-323-05472-0.00068-2
Ortiz-García, Y. M., García-Iglesias, T., Morales-Velazquez, G., Lazalde-Ramos, B. P., Zúñiga-González, G. M., Ortiz-García, R. G., Zamora-Perez, A. L. (2019). Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor Levels in Gingival Crevicular Fluid, Saliva, and Serum of Chronic Periodontitis Patients. BioMed Research International, 2019, 1–7. doi: http://doi.org/10.1155/2019/7850392
Ushakov, R. V., Gerasimova, T. P. (2017). Mekhanizmy tkanevoy destruktsii pri parodontite. Stomatologiya, 4, 63–65.
Dommisch, H., Kebschull, M.; Newman, M. G., Takei, H. H., Klokkevold, P. R., Carranza, F. A. (Eds.) (2015). Chronic periodontitis. Carranza’s clinical periodontology. Сhap. 23. St Louis: Elsevier Saunders, 313–320.
Sunkavalli, A. (2012). The role of cytokines in periodontal diagnosis. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 97.
Kavrikova, D., Borilova Linhartova, P., Lucanova, S., Poskerova, H., Fassmann, A., Izakovicova Holla, L. (2019). Chemokine Receptor 2 (CXCR2) Gene Variants and Their Association with Periodontal Bacteria in Patients with Chronic Periodontitis. Mediators of Inflammation, 2019, 1–8. doi: http://doi.org/10.1155/2019/2061868
Ponomareva, N. A., Gus’kova, A. A., Mitina, E. N., Grishin, M. I. (2017). Modern methods of treatment of inflammatory diseases of the parodont. The Journal of Scientific Articles “Health and Education Millennium”, 19 (10), 123–125. doi: http://doi.org/10.26787/nydha-2226-7425-2017-19-10-123-125
Copyright (c) 2021 Maria Evtushenko, Elena Kosheva, Svetlana Kryzhna
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.