Rules for reject published articles
The editorial board considers retraction of a publication as a mechanism for preventing the negative consequences of publishing an article containing accidental or deliberate errors, falsification of data, biased reflection of authorship, and the presence of a conflict of interest identified after publication. The protocol for the implementation of procedures related to the retraction of publications includes the following possible actions:
– assessment of the possibility of making corrections to the content of the published article without direct retraction,
– initiation of an investigation into the fact, the manifestation of which could potentially lead to a retraction procedure, for validity and possibility retraction of a publication,
– deletion of an article from electronic resources of the journal and indexing resources,
– generation of a notice of retraction of a publication.
Evaluating the possibility of making corrections to the content of a published article without direct retraction. It is carried out in cases where a precedent arises in the format of a revealed fact or an external signal about a conflict of interests of authors, a bias in the list of authors, or an identified minor error in a published article that does not entail negative consequences in the context of the overall significance, applicability and effectiveness of the published results.
Initiating an investigation into a fact, the manifestation of which could potentially lead to a retraction procedure, regarding the validity and possibility of publication retraction. It is carried out in any of the following cases when the editorial board receives evidence that there is plagiarism in the published articles, there is a conflict of interest, falsification of data or manipulation, violation of publication ethics, if the published results are erroneous and their use may entail negative consequences varying degrees of severity.
Removing an article from electronic resources of the journal and indexing resources. It is carried out in the event that the result of an investigation for the validity and possibility of retraction of the publication is the following:
– the application of the results of the article can cause negative consequences of varying severity,
– the published article violates the legal rights of other persons,
– the published article is defamatory in its essence,
– the published article the article, its individual parts, the consequences of using the results set forth in the article may become the object of legal proceedings
– the article contains information that may inadmissibly disclose personal data, without the personal consent of the relevant person, expressed by the adopted documents, protocols, etc. ., including identifying a specific person based on published photographs.
Formation of a notice about the retraction of the publication. The notification is generated for indexing resources and contains all the necessary information to identify the article, in particular: the title of the article and its authors or a link to the revoked article. In addition, the notification contains information about the reason for the retraction and the initiator of the retraction, possibly also the evidence base regarding the reason for the retraction. The notice may include a request to post the relevant information about the retraction as soon as possible and necessarily in the public domain. It is also possible to comment on whether the publication is a rebuttal. The notice will not become available until there is conclusive evidence as to the validity of the retraction. All reviews are pre-agreed with the institutions with which the authors of the article being investigated are affiliated, in accordance with the COPE guidelines for collaboration between research institutions and journals on research integrity cases.